2015 is the second year for the Key Sports Gem City 10K Series. The running community was founded on the 10K (6.2 mile) distance, but with the popularity of 5Ks, it has become more difficult to find a 10K distance event. Through a mix of both established races and newer events, Key Sports has partnered with a number of great organizations to offer 10Ks throughout the year.
This series is unique because it offers participants eleven events from which to choose. Additionally, runners can earn a 10K series hoodie with the completion of six events. Series awards will be given to top three male/female participants in established divisions.
Series Leaders (After 10 Events)
Youth Male (Under 18) - Conner Cantrell
Youth Female (Under 18) - Amanda Duffy
Open Male - Geoff Holmes & Benjamin Brown
Open Female - Maura McGrath
Master Male (40+) - Bill Neitzke
Master Female (40+) - Natalie Doyle
Grand Master Male (50+) - Tom Helfinstine
Grand Master Female (50+) - Loretta Leiher
Senior Master Male (60+) - Chris Thieke
Senior Master Female (60+) - Rebecca Keller
10K Series Award Guidelines
- Participants must complete the 10K at each event (not the 5K) to be eligible for series awards and points.
- You can only earn points by completing one of the 11 Gem City 10K Series races.
- Point System - Top 5 Male & Female in each category of Youth, Open, Masters, Grand Masters, and Senior Masters will earn points at each event in the series. First Place=5, Second=4, Third=3, Fourth=2, Fifth=1.
- Overall series champions will be determined by total points.
- All ties after the last series event will be awarded to the fastest finish time at the last event.- Top overall series champions in Youth Male & Female (Under 18), Open Male & Female, Masters Male & Female (40+), Grand Masters Male & Female (50+), and Senior Masters Male & Female (60+) will win a custom 2015 Gem City 10K Champion Embroidered Jackets.
- Second and Third place series finishers will win a custom 2015 Gem City 10K 1/2 Zip Performance Long Sleeve.
- Your series points will be based on your age as of Decmeber 31, 2015. There will be no aging up or down for indiviual races. All participants will stay in their age category of Youth, Open, Masters, Grand Masters, or Senior Masters.
- To receive a Gem City 10K Series hoodie or series awards, participants must complete 6 out of 11 events.
- Special awards will be reserved for participants that complete all 11 series events.