2014 has been the inaugural year of the Key Sports Gem City 10K Series. The running community was founded on the 10K (6.2 mile) distance, but with the popularity of 5Ks, it has become more difficult to find a 10K distance event. Through a mix of both established races and newer events, Key Sports has partnered with a number of great organizations to offer 10Ks throughout the year.
This series is unique because it offers participants ten events from which to choose. Additionally, runners can earn a 10K series hoodie with the completion of six events. Series award winners will earn an embroidered jacket.
Series Leader Board (After 9 Events)
Open Male - 1st - Geoff Holmes, 2nd - Geg Schultz, 3rd - Taylor Rasmussen
Open Female - 1st - Michelle Kitze, 2nd - Maura McGrath, 3rd - Heidi Seymour
Master Male - 1st - Steve Brooks, 2nd - Tom Helfinstine, 3rd - Joseph Pellettiere
Master Female - 1st - Mary O'Donoghue, 2nd - Rebecca Templeton Owens, 3rd - Jennifer Rasmussen
Grand Master Male - 1st - Chris Thieke, 2nd - Walter Flynn, 3rd - Christopher Buell
Grand Master Female - 1st - Loretta Leiher, 2nd - Bernadine Boyd, 3rd - Sue Tarbox
10K Series Award Guidelines
- Participants must complete the 10K at each event not the 5K to be eligible for series awards and points.
- You can only earn points by completing one of the 10 Gem City 10K Series races.
- Participants will receive a Gem City 10K Series Hoodie if they complete 6 out of 10 events or earn a total of 6 points at the 2014 events.
- Top overall series champions in Open Male & Female, Masters Male & Female (40+), and Grand Masters Male & Female (50+) will win custom 2014 Gem City 10K Champion Embroidered Jackets. Overall series champions will be determined by averaging each runners fastest 6 races they completed in the 2014 series.
- Points and completed events are only earned by completing one of the 10 series events. No transfers or event substitutes will qualify.
- At the last event we will give away additional series door prizes and awards. Must be present at the final event to win non-championship prizes and awards.
- Special awards will be reserved for participants that complete all 10 series events.